Skip_to_content Skip_to_nav Skip_to_contact

The weather

Loading data Data not available

Today wheather

Humidity: % Maximum temperature °C

Tomorrow wheather

Humidity: % Maximum temperature °C

Next day wheather

Humidity: % Maximum temperature °C

The Parador Nacional de Lleida is the result of the rehabilitation of the Roser Convent from the 17th century, formerly the Santo Domingo convent. Originally the seat of the Convent of Preachers of the Dominican order, its construction began in 1699.

Its use was always related to culture and education: Normal School from 1841, Secondary School, Library and Central Archive, Faculty of Law in 1968, Faculty of Letters in 1974, Morera Museum from the 70s and School of Fine Arts since 1987.

It is made up of a set of two Baroque-style buildings: the church, dating from 1830, converted into the main restaurant, and the residential complex, organized around the central cloister with a square floor plan and a height of three floors with galleries that give access to its 53 rooms. In the courtyard, the main space of the enclosure, the reception, the cafeteria and the meeting rooms are located.

Architecturally, the most notable elements are the church, the old library, the hall, the staircase and the patio. Also worth noting are the two neoclassical-style fountains, one attached to the wall of the Rosario façade and the other on a retaining wall in Plaza San Antonio María Claret, both declared Cultural Assets of Local Interest.

Its location allows to unite within a radius of 5 minutes on foot, the Historic Center, the Seu Vella and the Commercial Axis.

The Parador of Lleida can be visited for free and its cloister invites you to drinking a coffee in peace.

Related activities

Related routes

  • Lleida Wine Route

    Costers del Segre Designation of Origin - Wine, gastronomy and nature of Lleida